Your Ad Here

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Today we find out if they'll let us marry



Today (Thursday, May 15) the Supreme Court of California will issue its ruling on whether or not same sex couples have the right to marry in the state. I anxiously await (as does the gay wedding cake topper industry) to see if my people will be afforded the same rights as straight couples... (and you thought straight bridezillas were scary!)

[Note: the ruling is due at 10am]

Here's to hoping that our Supreme Court is just and reasonable--if our state can serve as an example with car emissions and grocery store plastic bags, we'd hope that civil rights aren't far behind!

The article with the whys and hows, from 365Gay.com, "Calif. Supreme Court To Rule Thursday On Gay Marriage"


More vids from Let California Ring...

Other gay marriage posts:
  • 12 reasons same sex marriage will ruin society [Gator GSA]
  • More Gays on TV: this time a gay wedding [Valley's Other Fruit]
  • Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage due [SFGate]

1 comment:

  1. Perseverance! Perseverance! I don't think this can happen soon enough, but I also believe we will eventually see legalized gay marriage everywhere (in the U.S. at least), in our lifetimes. The conversations I hear high schoolers having about relationships now are so different from when I was in school (and I'm only 33-- not too many generations ago). All "the gays" I went to high school with came out well after high school, but I know several teens now (a couple in conservative Marin county, even) who are totally out and it's just not a big deal. I think it's still harder for boys in high school (and sure, probably much harder depending on where you are in the country), but I honestly believe that it is moving toward the point where everyone will be allowed to go into debt for one day of celebration (and a lifetime of financial arguments) with the one they love.

    So yeah- go Other Fruit! Go Marriage for everyone! I think that talking/sharing information like this is what gets people to eventually shift their thinking and vote in support of marriage equality.

    ReplyDelete