Your Ad Here

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sex & The City with a side of Fruit?

I seriously was just going to post about the premier of Sex & the City @ the Cinedome when I got an email on our tipline suggesting that The Valley's Other Fruit organize a showing.

What a fabulous idea!

...and, since the girls--through thick and thin and Mr. Big--never lost sight of one thing: cocktails(!), we should hit up Cuvée's lounge before or after (depending on which showing we attend) in their honor.

When should we go? The premier is tomorrow night, so it might be too soon (plus it's a 2:15 hour long movie, so we'd get out after 2am). Are people jonesing to go at the opening or what about next weekend?

(Is it heresy to say that I don't usually watch this show? Does that make me not gay enough? Honestly, it's less about the show and more that I don't watch much TV at all.) However, I'll definitely join in on the fun (and cocktails!) with all the ladies...it helps that Mick LaSalle @ the Chronicle says it may stand as the best women's movie ever.



So, dear readers of The Valley's Other Fruit, you game to hit the town as a group to see Sex and the City? (I'll confirm on the blog with the feedback we get, you might want to hold off on buying your tickets until then...but I have no idea how fast they are selling.)

3 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike?

    The movie plays at 7:05 and 10:20 on Friday (5/30) and Saturday (5/31). We're up for either this weekend or next.

    Tickets are available on fandango.com (you can even print them at home!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I was also thinking we should get a group together and for cocktails and then watch the movie.... I vote for sometime next week though when the crowds die down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to sex and the city movie with everyone! I can do it Friday, Sunday night. Saturday is up in the air, not sure what I'll be doing. Of course the week days are available.

    ReplyDelete