Your Ad Here

Friday, April 11, 2008

From the tipline: Vallejo

Apparently the most overtly gay scene (or gay friendliest?) near Napa might be in downtown Vallejo, as several tipsters told me I need to check out the Town House and R Bar.

Here's what yelpers (although I'm not sure how they rate on Yelp, both of these got 5 stars all around) is saying about Town House (401 Georgia St, Vallejo):
  • [click here for The Valley's Other Fruit's review]
  • "a bit more dive-y [than R Bar], but in a good way"
  • "amazingly fun...show once a month"
  • "people are really friendly, there's a pool table in back, and a list of upcoming events posted on the wall that sound like a lot of fun"
And about R bar (437 Virginia St, Vallejo):
  • "little home-y gay bar...lot of fun, great bartenders, good crowd, great events"
  • "looked like a house...neon sign, bouncer and a full house of gay boys of all shapes, sizes and ages. AND only TWO hags..."
  • "great service, great drinks, hilarious bartender and plenty of places to sit your carcass"
So, have any of you been to either of those bars in Vallejo? What was your experience (use the comments section to let us know!)?

3 comments:

  1. I've never been to either of these clubs but they sound like they're worth checking out.

    My big (gay) question: is there dancing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I dunno if I'd call either a "club", but they both have their fun moments. We just published some of our thoughts on Townhouse, expect another post soon on R-Bar (and yes, there's dancing. kind of).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to R bar lots and lots of times. It's my place of choice when not going to the city for some drinks. The bartenders are the friendliest and cute. The crowd is nice and you can always find me on a stool by the bar drinking my Midori Sour with Melon Vodka, lots of cherries, dancing to whatever the DJ is playing...oh and getting fresh with the bartenders...lol!

    ReplyDelete