Your Ad Here

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Honey, I shrunk the feed!

We're trying something new around here and want to know what you think. We've shortening the length of the posts in the feed (that's what you subscribe to) so when you get the Valley's Other Fruit in email or in your feed reader, it will just be the first few lines. If you want to read the full post, then click the article to go through to the main site, in all it's full color, links, comments, photos, video and gay glory.

If you are a current subscriber to The Valley's Other Fruit, you might have noticed (or might notice soon) a message at the end of each post letting you know what's up:
[[NEW: What you're reading is just a quick, down-and-dirty, naked article summary! Click through the article title to get to the main site with the FULL, PRETTY POST, photos, videos, comments section and more. We're testing this out so let us know what you think.]]
If you're not a subscriber, you won't have noticed anything. So subscribe already. Geesh. (Click here, and on the side of the main part of the site you'll see a place where you can either enter your email OR grab one of our feeds.)

So...WHY are we shrinking the feed? Because people new to the whole "blog" world keep asking and commenting via email, myspace and in person: I don't see comments...I don't see the photos...I don't see the video... and we don't want them to miss out. If the feed is short and you gotta click through, then you won't miss a thing! I personally am not a fan of abbreviated feeds, but I'm trying to do what works best for our loyal readers. Rest assured, this is just a trial, so please keep the comments rolling in to let us know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. I prefer if you display the entire article on the feed... it makes it easier to read it on one location instead of 2 =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Omar.

    Not that I don't love visiting the site - it's just that I love reading the entire item while I'm "mobile."

    Either way works - I'm just lazy, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, love the blog, but I must say that I don't like the shortened feed. Most of the time I can only read the feed so I'm gonna miss out on a lot of content.

    Any chance of changing it back?

    ReplyDelete