Your Ad Here

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lesbian Support Group (Napa County)

A friend of The Fruit sent this in, from the pages of Craigslist:
Reply to: desire3160@aol.com
Date: 2009-05-05, 8:21PM PDT

I would like to form a lesbian support group in Napa.

I know there has not been a group like this available to the community for many years. By posting this I am hoping to determine if there is an interest in forming this group. I would like to find at least 8 women who would commit for a year in order to start the group. I am a licensed MFT with 20 years experience. I have a strong desire to reach out to the lesbian community in Napa.

If interested please reply to this email and we'll go from there.

Thanks for reading this...

[Note: find the original posting at http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/grp/1156730940.html]
What a pleasant surprise: looks like something actually non scandalous from Craigslist, a site I don't usually think of to go to for quality relationships. (At least in the M4M category, Craigslist is more about the hookup than the long-term and photos provided aren't usually of the person's face.)

Anyone hear anything about this? Any other similar groups going on in the Valley?

1 comment:

  1. You are providing a really nice service with this site, and I wish you got more feedback on it. Keep up the good work.

    I had jury duty this week, and am wishing I was a lesbian right now, as I could use some support. We were asked if we had been the victim of a crime, and I was surprised at how many people did not raise their hands. I have been attacked 2 times and chased by a group with baseball bats once, had two vehicles vandalized with anti-gay shit, and my house once. Most of it was a long time ago, but once vandalism was only a year ago. And those are only the hate crimes. I've had 3 cars broken into, surprised a burglar in my house, and had a couple things stolen. Am I the only one who has had this shit happen to them? Boy, I must have done something really bad in the last life... must have been a gay bashing thief or something.
    Ok, back to fighting for truth, justice and the American way over on the NVR site. Peace and love to all...

    ReplyDelete