Your Ad Here

Friday, November 14, 2008

Nationwide Prop 8 protest Saturday, 10:30am



You're going, right?

10:30am, TOMORROW, City Hall near you

I've sent out the invite. I'll be there. Napa needs to show up and spread the word!

Oh, and for those who are out of town, this is a nationwide protest. Find your nearest city and dedicate an hour or so of your day. Especially the younger gays and gay allies. Show up in force to this peaceful protest.

I know Napa isn't exactly seen as a gay-friendly spot. I grew up here, it took me til I was 27 to come out. But remember that 55% of Napa is with us and already voted No on 8. Now we need to keep up the visibility.

[Note: Thanks, Rick for the update, I remembered wrong the percentage of LGBTQ support (via the vote on Prop 8) and I wouldn't want to short-change the work and the follow through on the vote here in Napa County. See you all tomorrow!]

2 comments:

  1. Napa County was actually 55% no, 45% yes so we have even more support. (this is according to the Napa County elections website)

    Of course, 65% voted yes for bigger cages for chickens...I guess folks in the valley like the chickens more than the gays.

    I'm really looking forward to a peaceful but effective event on Saturday. See everyone there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND IF YOUR NOT FROM NAPA (LIKE ME) THEN CHECK OUT THIS SITE TO JOIN THE IMPACT IN YOUR AREA:
    http://jointheimpact.wetpaint.com/page/California

    ReplyDelete