Your Ad Here

Monday, June 30, 2008

SF Pride: Napa invisible again

So we stayed out a lil' bit late on Saturday night, went to Temple's Queen party thrown by Energy 92.7 and had such a great time that we really hard time waking up on Sunday for the parade. We did, however, make it...and just in time to see PFLAG's float. You may be wondering what my obsession is with the PFLAG float. Well, three years ago at my first Pride parade, when I saw the PFLAG float I saw Napa's little sign and felt like it was the first time that Napa was out with me. It was a little glimmer of hope that Napa did have gays and I could comfortably be one of them...

However...this year was a bit of a disappointment. The parade was as fabulous as usual (if not more) with tons of people and the usual color and excitement that comes with it. And as we came up and the steps and onto the sidewalk and I excitedly saw PFLAG heading down Market Street, I whipped out my camera and snapped some shots of representation from towns like Merced and Placerville and Petaluma...but no Napa this year. How disappointing.

BUT, don't get me wrong. Pride was a blast. More pics, soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment