Your Ad Here

Monday, March 29, 2010

Ricky Martin comes out



There were many who have been saying this has been overdue for a long time. Ricky Martin himself claims that today is when it was meant to happen:
"Enough is enough. This has to change. This was not supposed to happen 5 or 10 years ago, it is supposed to happen now. Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment. These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed. What will happen from now on? It doesn't matter. I can only focus on what's happening to me in this moment...

...Writing this is a solid step towards my inner peace and vital part of my evolution. I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."
Whether or not you agree with his timing, he seems very thoughtful, well spoken and responsible about his sexuality and celebrity. I wish him congratulations on this step in his life's journey. Read Ricky Martin's full "coming out" post, here.

Like him? Love him? Dislike him? Thoughts on his coming out and years of speculation? Favorite photos? (wink) Use the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment