Your Ad Here

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Web streaming of oral arguments for the overtun of Prop 8 begin today, 9a - noon broadcast

[Update: at lunch time, oral arguments have closed, and now we await a ruling. There is no further live broadcast today.]

Oral arguments before the California Supreme Court for the overturn of Proposition 8 begin Thursday morning at 9am and are expected to last 3 hours. Watch them streaming live, on the CA Courts channel. (Because of high traffic, sometimes the video starts, stops or crashes. Try CBS' coverage, too as backup. They also have video footage of the rally at Civic Center. Dang, I wish I wasn't at work today.)

The justices could issue a ruling as early as today, but they have 90 days.


Watching the video from work/home? Attending it live in SF? Share your thoughts in the comments.

I have no idea who the lawyer is at the stand currently, but she seems a little more high strung than I expected. Of course, I imagine I would be a nervous wreck, representing the rights of the 18,000 same-sex people who wed in 2008 and the 3 million, 387 thousand queer folk (according to my estimates--1 in 10, right?) who reside in California.

Any lawyers or judges in The Fruit's readership? What is your take on the proceedings?

No comments:

Post a Comment