Your Ad Here

Friday, October 31, 2008

Latest 8 poll in, still very close; Napa Prop 8 donors



I knew it would be close, and this doesn't really help with my pre-election nerves at all. The Chronicle calls it a 5 point lead for the NO side, I'm positive I'm not ready to be comfortable with that. Some other polls are showing the yes side up by 8 points...so to me, this is still a tie:
The struggle over Proposition 8, which would ban same-sex marriage in California, has tightened dramatically in the past month, with opponents holding a slim 49 to 44 percent edge among likely voters, according to a new Field Poll.

"The 'Yes' campaign has raised some doubts and moved people over to their side," said Mark DiCamillo, the poll's director. "A relatively large segment of voters are in conflict over this measure." [SFGate]
Also via the Chronicle Article, you can see in a database which companies and people are donating to NO and yes on 8...

Notable in the list from Napa are Syar Industries ($1,000), a few Walkenhorst's ($2,500) and Frye's ($1,600) family members.

Although, I don't know how complete the list is, I've given twice to NO on 8 and my name's not on the list anywhere.

Donate & Get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment