Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Napa pride parade coming in early July

No, it's not what it seems like (nor what I was hoping for), but the title surprised me, too. This banner was seen hanging in several locations in downtown Napa recently.


(Click to see the full size image)

Apparently, this year's downtown's 4th of July Festival is featuring a "Hometown Pride Parade". I don't think the City would intentionally taunt us and maybe I just have pride on the brain... but it is a uniquely interesting choice of words for the parade. I would have thought that the City would be extra careful with their wording, especially after the Town & Country Fair naming fiasco (with almost as much bigoted backlash as recent gay-marriage articles, check out the comments section in the Register's article on this year's fair theme: "Fiesta de Napa").

Also, the characters they are using to illustrate the banner are also, well, different... I would guess that the main guy on the rocket is a Mexicano (or a really tan white guy?) with his white wife and biracial children... Oh, Napa...

Funny thing is I'll probably still go check out the street fair and fireworks. Silly me. Now if all the hot queer folk would just wear something really obvious, we'd be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment