Your Ad Here

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Girl, they shoulda known...

I swear I'm not *all* serious and can laugh at myself just as much as the next gay-guy. Let's get back to the Easy Bake Oven and and on a much much more silly and fun side of things. We'll play the "they should've known long ago" game. Use the comments section and let me know: what telltale "queer signs" did you exhibit as a child?

For example, I'll use myself. What would've tipped off my friends and family? To hell with what "I should've acted like" as a young white male growing up...
  • Of course, I loved and wanted an Easy Bake Oven
  • I used to arrange theatrical productions with the neighbors, for the neighbors, staring--moi
  • I filmed music videos with me and my friends shaking our ass in front of the camera
  • I once got in the habit of walking around with my hands up and limp, in the style of JaqueĆ© from 227. My mom quickly (and, yes, lvoingly, explained to me that I shouldn't do that

1 comment:

  1. I should've known I was a lesbian when:

    1. I insisted on having my haircut exactly like my older brothers'.

    2. I looked more manly than my seventh grade "boyfriend".

    3. I refused to wear anything but swimming trunks in the pool. (At a certain age my mom had to tell me that it wasn't really appropriate for little girls to go topless.)

    4.When all of my friends talked about the crushes they had on the boys in our class and all I could think about was how badly I wanted to beat them at kick ball.

    ReplyDelete